This month's K-5 workgroup for K-5 teachers is sponsored by Kalamazoo's very own Bookbug! Register to attend now and be entered in a drawing to win a basket of books from Bookbug!
Are you a K-5 math teacher who wants to know more about integrating children's books into your math lessons? If so, come to this month’s Math Workgroup at Kalamazoo RESA.
We will spend time looking at various children’s books and discussing ways to use them to enhance the mathematics learning in your classroom. You will leave with literature resources that will help you to plan lessons that integrate children’s books into your math instruction.
• Modeled lesson with manipulatives and children’s literature
• Aligning children’s books to the Common Core
• Modeling a lesson with manipulatives
• Explore children’s books for potential math topics
• What’s the research say about incorporating children’s literature into math instruction?
• Lesson study
• Summary and reflection
If you have your own laptop, bring it. Otherwise, we will have laptops available for your use. Light refreshments will be provided free of charge but feel free to bring your own snack as well.
In order for us to get an accurate count for materials and refreshments, complete the short form at: http://tinyurl.com/math-workgroup
by the Friday prior to the Math Workgroup monthly meeting