But where does that leave us?
Kalamazoo RESA invites you to attend a one-day workshop on March 22, 2011 to explore the answers to this question.
District or school teams of teachers, instructional leaders, and administrators will begin to answer these important questions:
· How does the Common Core for Math compare to Michigan’s GLCE and HSCE for math?
· When will we be expected to fully implement the Common Core?
· What type of PD is available for us to be trained in the Common Core?
· What resources will we need to implement the Common Core?
· How will the Common Core affect assessments like the MEAP and MME?
· What will we have to change? What will stay the same?Information and resources will be shared. Teams will work together to determine the impact of the Common Core and begin to develop a district- or school-wide strategic plan for implementation.