- Mathematical CONTENT standards
- Mathematical PRACTICE standards
levels, should develop in their students. These practices rest on important “processes and proficiencies”
with longstanding importance in mathematics education. Therefore, we cannot successfully implement the CCSS-M without focusing teaching and learning on fostering these 8 Practice standards.
Register to attend to this one-day workshop on May 20, Envisioning the Common Core Practice Standards, to kick-start your instruction for the 2011-12 school year and to answer the following questions:
1. What are the math practice standards? And, what do they REALLY mean?
2. What do each of the practice standards LOOK like, when implemented with fidelity?
3. Which mathematical TASKS can help foster the practice standards within my students?
HURRY spot are filling quickly!