Current Closing Date for Applications: Sept 30, 2011
Estimated Award: up to $200,000 per year.
- City or township governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses
The ONR mission of STEM is to: foster an interest in, knowledge of, and study in science, technology, engineering and mathematics nationwide to ensure an educated and well-prepared workforce, which meets the naval and national competitive needs. In support of this mission, the following five goals have been identified:
- Inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers. [Grades K-10];
- Engage students in STEM-related hands-on learning activities using Navy content. [Grades 3-12];
- Educate students to be well-prepared for employment in STEM disciplines in the Navy or in supporting academic institutions or the Naval contractor community. [Higher Education]; Employ, retain and develop Naval STEM professionals. [Higher Education, Professional Development, Faculty];
- Collaborate across Naval STEM programs to maximize benefits to participants and the Navy.