8:30am - 3:30pm
- Are you curious about how well your current textbooks align to the Common Core State Standards for Math
- Are you part of a textbook adoption committee charged with selecting new math textbooks in the next several
- Do you need more information about what to “look for” in a quality math textbook in light of the CCSS-M?
alignment to the CCSS-M.
You will be trained on how to use the three curriculum analysis tools. You will also receive the User’s Guide to explain how to use the tools once you’re back in your school. The three tools include:
- a Mathematics Content tool focused on determining the extent to which curriculum materials convey important mathematics content sequences across grade levels in the CCSS-M;
- a Mathematics Practices tool to determine if curriculum materials support teachers and engage students in the Mathematical Practices of the CCSS-M;
- and a tool that determines the extent to which the curriculum materials support teachers in the areas of equity, assessment, and technology.