8:30am - 3:30pm
This one-day workshop has been developed for “FIRST-TIMERS”: educators who did NOT attend the Common Core State Standards for Math roll-out sessions on September 22, 2010 OR March 22, 2011.
The Common Core State Standards for K-12 Mathematics were released in June 2010. Michigan is requiring that all schools begin to implement the Common Core starting in the 2011-12 school year.
But where does that leave us?
District or school teams of teachers, instructional leaders, and administrators should attend this one-day workshop to begin to answer these important questions:
- What are the Common Core State Standards for Math? Why do we have them?
- How does the Common Core for Math compare to Michigan’s GLCE and HSCE for math?
- When will we be expected to fully implement the Common Core?
- What type of PD is available for us to be trained in the Common Core?
- What resources will we need to implement the Common Core?
- How will the Common Core affect assessments like the MEAP and MME?
- What will we have to change? What will stay the same?