- High School: October 13, 2011 and January 18, 2012
- Middle School: October 28, 2011 and January 30, 2012
- Grades K-2: November 18, 2011 and February 8, 2012
- Grades 3-5: November 21, 2011 and February 15, 2012
- Does your department have a shared understanding of the Mathematical Practice Standards?
- Do you know what to look for and expect from your students when they are engaged in the Practice Standards?
- Do you need time to revamp your lessons to help focus teaching and learning on the Practice Standards?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, register to attend this two-day workshop to explore the Common Core State Standards for Math’s (CCSS-M) Mathematical Practice Standards.
The Standards for Mathematical Practice outline the experiences and interactions ALL students should have with mathematics. In these two days, we will explore 4 of the 8 CCSS-M Practice Standards in depth. After developing a common understanding of what the practice standards LOOK and SOUND like in classrooms, we will explore new resources that have been developed for teachers to assist teachers in implementing the practice standards and begin to plan lessons using these resources.
Each participant will receive at least one resource book. We will use the book to explore worthwhile mathematical tasks and to plan lessons around the tasks.
Pair this two-day series with the two-day series “Problem-solving in Common Core Math” in Spring 2012 to round out your preparation for implementing the Practice Standards.