Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences, the SEDL study is be the first rigorous, independent large-scale evaluation of either program. The findings of this study will help give policymakers, researchers, and educators a better understanding of each program.
Who Is Eligible?
We are looking for districts with two or more elementary schools that are willing to implement either program, SRA Imagine It! or Everyday Mathematics.® In addition, participating schools need to
- have classrooms of students in grades K–5, with at least 44 students in each of these grades and
- have not used SRA Imagine It! or Everyday Mathematics® since the 2010–2011 school year.
- Participating schools will receive FREE SRA Imagine It! or Everyday Mathematics® textbooks, supplemental materials, teacher guides and access to online resources.
- Participating schools will also receive FREE professional development at your school and support to implement the programs for the duration of the study!
- Participating schools are taking action that may increase overall performance on state-mandated reading and math assessment and the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP).
If your district participates in the study, approximately half of the eligible participating schools will be randomly assigned SRA Imagine It! and half will be randomly assigned Everyday Mathematics®. Each school will receive free materials for its assigned program, including textbooks, supplementary materials, teacher’s guides, and access to online resources. In addition, each school will receive free professional development, including 1-day launch and three follow-up visits from trainers during each year of the study. Schools will be asked to use the assigned program as their core curriculum for that subject.
The study will last 2 years. Districts that join the study now will begin implementation in the fall of 2013 and participate until the end of the 2014–2015 school year. A school assigned to implement Everyday Mathematics® will agree not to purchase and implement the SRA Imagine It! for the 2-year duration of the study and vice versa. However, participating schools may purchase additional materials for their assigned curriculum to supplement the core materials and trainings provided by the study.
If you would like more information or wish to nominate your district or school, please contact project director Sarah Caverly at 800-476-6861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.