A successful implementation of the new assessment system requires planning on all levels: district, school, and classroom. Educational leaders should attend this one-day session to explore and become familiar with the new assessment framework and to begin to plan for a successful implementation on the district and school levels.
April 24, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Kalamazoo RESA Service Center
For Superintendents, Administrators, Dept. Chairs, Lead Teachers, and Coaches
Together, we will explore and answer
· What opportunities will districts, schools, teachers, and students have to access and use the SBAC assessments before 2014-15?
· To what extent will educational leaders and teachers be involved in the piloting and review phases of development?
· What tools will be offered as part of the Balanced Assessment system? What type of PD will be provided?
· What will happen to our students’ proficiency scores on these new assessments?
· What will happen to the ACT? When is it going away? Will there be a MEAP assessment in 2014?
· What support will teachers need in transitioning to the new assessment system?
· What needs to happen with my district or school’s technology plan so that we are ready for the new assessments?
· What do our parents and guardians need to know about the new assessment system?
Pair this session with “Smarter Balanced – ELA” on May 8 to ensure you are fully informed and ready to plan for implementation with fidelity.