Do you wonder how you can use math centers to ensure all of your students are learning?
If so, come to this month’s Math Workgroup.
We will spend time exploring various centers and discussing ways to use them to enhance the mathematics learning in your classroom. You will leave with math centers resources that will help you to plan lessons that integrate centers into your math instruction.
Who? K-5 Teachers & Specialists
When? October 26 from 4:30 to 6:30 pm
Where? Kalamazoo RESA
How much? FREE
Agenda: We will…
- Participate in math centers that use manipulatives
- Align the use of math centers to the Mathematical Practice Standards
- Explore various activities to identify math center candidates
- Explore what the research says about incorporating centers into math instruction?
- Explore lessons and begin lesson planning
- Summarize and reflect
Light refreshments will be provided free of charge but feel free to bring your own snack as well.
In order for us to get an accurate count for materials and refreshments, complete the short form at: http://tinyurl.com/math-workgroup
by the Friday prior to the Math Workgroup monthly meeting: October 22, 2010.
Each month, the Math Workgroup will focus on one key topic
- 10/26: Using math centers to increase student learning in math
- 11/30: Using math games to increase student learning in math
- 1/11: Using children’s literature to increase student learning in math