Michigan's Balanced Assessment System and Smarter Balanced
This one-day workshop, offered once in the fall and once in the spring, will bring together teachers and administrators to explore Michigan’s new Balanced Assessment system slated for implementation next school year. The Smarter Balanced assessments will be part of our new Balanced Assessment system. Smarter Balanced summative assessments will be used for federal accountability. But, Smarter Balanced offers more than just the required summative assessments. Come explore the additional tools and resources that are being released for use starting this school year.
Together, we will explore and answer each of these questions
- What will be included in Michigan’s new Balanced Assessment system? What role will Smarter Balanced play in this system?
- What tools will be offered as part of the Balanced Assessment system? What type of PD will be provided?
- What is included in the Smarter Balanced digital clearinghouse of resources? When can we access these resources?
- What will happen to the ACT? When is it going away? Will there be a MEAP assessment in 2014?
- What support will teachers need in transitioning to the new assessment system?
- What needs to happen with my district or school’s technology plan so that we are ready for the new assessments?
- What do our parents and guardians need to know about the new assessment system?